A configuration registered on the target device which you will use to access remote applications. The target device can have many services. There is a bulk service created by default and does not require entry of any service attributes. The bulk service provides the basis for a target device and enables scripting functionality.Attributes of a service:
- Application Type: The application mapped to this service i.e. SSH, VNC, RDP, HTTP/S
- Port: The port on the target device which the application is listening
- Service host address: Local network IP address or fully qualified domain name to host this service
- Enabled: Whether or not the remote.it service is available for connections. You may want to disable this and enable it only when needed if you are concerned with bandwidth like on a cellular internet connection
- Status: This is online/offline status of the remote.it service.